Sight Concern - Worcestershire
2 Sansome Walk
Sight Concern Worcestershire is the new name for Worcestershire Association for the Blind. We are an independent county-wide charity that provides support, information and services to people affected by sight loss.
Here you will find information on the services we offer, upcoming events and many ways in which you can get involved with us.
Sight Concern runs a community support service where volunteers and professional support workers visit people in their own homes and communities to provide support and companionship.
If your failing sight causes you problems in your day to day life you can apply for a community support visitor. You do not need to be registered blind or partially sighted.
We can provide all sorts of help and support depending on what is required by each individual. Some of the ways which we have helped other people are:
- Helping to read and respond to letters, write greeting cards, sort out paying bills, organising bank statements etc.
- Accompanying someone on a walk or outing.
- Providing company, someone to chat with over a cup of tea.
- Going shopping for clothes or gifts.
- Reading a newspaper, book or favourite magazine
- Accompanying someone to leisure activities including running, gym visits, theatre trips etc.
Unfortunately we cannot provide help with regular food shopping, gardening, cleaning or personal care.