Monmouthshire Housing Project
Mamhilad Technology Park
Monmouthshire Housing Association was established on 21st January 2008 to receive the housing stock of Monmouthshire County Council through a large scale voluntary transfer.
The main purpose of the Association is to provide and manage affordable homes in Monmouthshire for people who need them and to ensure all of our homes are improved to meet the Welsh Housing Quality Standard by 2012.
We manage and maintain around 3,600 homes and 290 leasehold properties in Monmouthshire. We also manage garages and other areas of land in our communities.
Our mission is “To provide high quality homes and services that put people first”.
Here at MHA we have a designated team of Tenant Support Officers who visit our older tenants in our schemes and in our local communities who have support needs that we can help with. They are based in 3 main hubs in Abergavenny, Usk and Chepstow. Our Support Officers help our tenants by providing help and advice on any of the following needs –
- Benefit entitlement, ensuring our tenants are receiving all of the benefits which they are entitled to.
- Assisting with forms and correspondence that tenants may find difficult to deal with or understand.
- Contacting health professionals and keeping an eye on our tenant’s health and wellbeing.
- Liaising with Health Workers and Social Services to ensure that tenants are getting all of the help and support they need in their homes.
- Keeping our tenants up to date with any activities which are being held in their local communities which may be of interest to them.
- Providing advice and support with anything else which would help our tenants feel safer and secure in their homes.
Our Support Service is available 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4:30pm on Friday.