North Yorkshire Centre for Independent Living
Hopper Hill Road
What does NYCIL do?
NYCIL is a part of the disability sector in North Yorkshire. Our primary aim is to promote the independence of disabled people, giving them increased choice and control over their lives.
What are we?
Here at NYCIL we offer FREE, impartial advice and ongoing support to those who are interested in receiving Direct Payments. We will help explain your legal responsibilities and requirements for registering to become an employer. We can give advice on personal assistant recruitment, such as advertising, interviewing and vetting the PA(s), provide information on Employment Contracts, Reference Requests, CRB Checks, Liability Insurance, and we can also provide a payroll service for a small charge.
What We Do?
- Act as a point of contact in explaining how the scheme works
- Answer your questions, concerns and issues
- Provide advice on becoming an employer: the recruitment process, advertising, interviewing, contracts, employment law and paying the wages.
- Provide ongoing advice, support and information to people receiving Direct Payments.
- Provide payroll for Direct Payments and for small businesses and charities throughout the UK.