Driving Miss Daisy Didcot
Driving Miss Daisy are an internationally successful companion driving service. Our Didcot based service centre supports Didcot and surrounding Oxfordshire areas.
We provide a much needed and valued service bridging the gap between taxis, public transport and voluntary agencies; and primarily helping senior citizens, families and vulnerable people.
Our companion drivers collect people from their door, drive them to their destination, provide whatever help they may require and take them safely back home.
All of our vehicles are mobility enabled and accessible to all wheelchairs types. Each can carry up to 3 passengers and one wheelchair and have ample cargo space.
There is an increasing need to support various members of our communities and help them stay independent and safe. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Senior citizens who want to maintain their independence
- Parents requiring help taking children to/from after school activities
- Organisations who need to take people to/from appointments or activities
- People with disabilities or specialist needs
- Prescription collections
We offer added value which other organisations can't, such as:
- Meeting the client directly at their door, we will not just 'toot' and wait outside
- Settling them into their homes with a cuppa tea or a snack if required
- Communicating with parents/carers that their child is safely collected and dropped off
- Assisting and accompanying vulnerable people to and from the vehicle, to and from their destination and, if required, staying with them for an appointment or a fun day out or activity.
Our pricing is very competitive – you’ll be surprised at how cost-effective our service is. Contact us for a bespoke quote tailored to your individual needs.
Driving Miss Daisy - Family when family can't be there.